serves 4 (as a side)
2 pounds medium-sized red potatoes, skins on
4 T butter or olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 t turmeric
2 t cumin
cayenne to taste
generous salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes whole in plenty of water (time varies depending on the size) until a knife slides in the potato easily.
- Cut them in half and then slice into half circles. You can peel them if you want, but my aunt doesn't do that, so I don't either.
- In the bottom of the pot used for the potatoes, saute the garlic in the butter until it is just starting to brown.
- Sprinkle on the spices and toast for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the potatoes and salt, stir well, and you're done.